Genius Hour Chat Archive with Paul Solarz – 5 December 2019
Paul Solarz (@PaulSolarz), author of Learn Like a Pirate, led us in a lively discussion tonight. His questions had us comparing Project Based Learning and the learning that occurs in Genius Hour. The questions and discussion were both instructive and energizing.
Participants included these veterans and new #geniushour chat folks: Tim Riley, Allen Kaye, Faige Meller, Kimberly Donatello, Toby Coleman, Gretchen Dorn, Kristen Koppers, Renee Reedhardt, Stella Pollard, Stephanie Chambers, Tammy Massman, Jessica Alderman, Aaron Cole, Gallit Zvi, Denise Krebs and our moderator Paul Solarz.
You can grow your Genius Hour PLN by following these educators. Share the #geniushour inspiration on Twitter.
A few quick links to some of the shared resources from this chat. Just click and go…
- Genius Hour overview and introduction video by John Spencer
- 21st Century Report Card by Paul Solarz
- Hundreds of real-life Genius Hour questions by Paul Solarz’s students
- Sample Genius Hour projects by Paul’s students
- Countdown Calendar by Paul Solarz
- Thin Questions vs. Thick Questions by Paul Solarz
- Scaffolding for students who need help writing reflections by Paul Solarz
- KHWLAQ chart by Silvia Tolisano (@langwitches)
- Learn Like a Pirate book and chat (every week for #LearnLAP at 7pm Central) by Paul Solarz
See you next month, January 2, 2020 at 8 p.m. Central, when Andi McNair will share about the 6 P’s process she uses to organize Genius Hour learning.
Our TweetDeck Collection archive
for the December 2019 #geniushour chat: