Genius Hour Chat, August 2019
Our #geniushour chat on Thursday, August 1, 2019 was led by our guest host, Ethan Silva, @mr_silvalining. Gallit Zvi joined as moderator. The theme was “Genius Hour: Mythbusters. Myth busting stereotypes and assumptions that genius hour holds.”
Myths that we discussed at the chat:
- #GeniusHour is only for gifted and talented students AKA “the smart kids.”
- Only non-tested subjects can do #GeniusHour because they have more time.
- #GeniusHour must include the use of technology to be successful.
- For #GeniusHour to be effective, the teacher must be the “expert.”
- There is only one way to do #GeniusHour.
- Why do you think these assumptions about #GeniusHour are so widely believed, and what can we do to educate our fellow teachers?
Be sure to read the archive to see how these great genius hour teachers busted the myths: Besides Ethan and Gallit, others included Andi McNair, Todd Sorenson, RKVancouver, Mrs. Richards, Shelbie Enriquez, Cindy Ross, Brandon Goon, Jill McLean, Dave Quinn, and Aunt Katie Reads.
Can you think of any other Genius Hour myths and false assumptions?
Our TweetDeck Collection archive
for the August 2019 #geniushour chat:
#Geniushour Chat Aug’19 – Curated tweets by Gallit_Z